Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Story Time

At my library, I do two story times on Wednesdays - a baby time and a toddler time. Each week, I try to select a few finger plays and three books that match whatever theme we're focusing on. This week's theme is  Weather.
 

Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld

While I find Cloudette to be adorable, the kids did not have much of a reaction to her. The illustrations in this book are very happy, happy and I really think the story is one every child should hear about not letting self doubt get in the way of making a positive impact. 

Hello, Sun by Dayle Ann Dodds

Hello, Sun! is a great story for talking about weather. It covers most of the major ones like snow, rain and wind not that my Arizona kids would recognize any of those :) We talked about appropriate attire for the weather situations, as well.

Snow Happy by Patricia Hubbell
We read this one while I handed out FX snow (more on this in a later post). Most of the kids had never seen snow before and couldn't name many of the activities in this book though they did know a pretty decent amount about snowmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please, leave a comment below.