Friday, May 18, 2012

All Mighty Song Cube!


This is three sides of my story time cube. It isn't gorgeous but I don't think it's bad for a box I taped together myself, Microsoft Clipart and some packing tape.

I got the idea from Mel's Desk (a fantastic resource!) and decided that I had to have my own.

For those of you unfamiliar with a song cube, it's basically a fun way to choose what songs to sing during story time. A song's title and a symbol to represent it are on each side. Mine has:

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star //star
I'm a Little Teapot //teapot
If You're Happy and You Know It //hands clapping
Row, Row, Row Your Boat //sailboat
The Wheels on the Bus //bus
Itsy Bitsy Spider //spiderweb


This will help children with print recognition when they see the words each week and can associate them with the symbol. Once you've used it enough, the kids will start to shout out the name of the song that it lands on. It's also an easy way to up participation by allowing someone different to roll the cube each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please, leave a comment below.